Producers must develop relationships with and deliver insurance solutions to our prospective client company Executives such as Presidents, CEO's, COO, CFO's and Risk Management. Our clients spend substantial money ($25K up to several million dollars) on commercial insurance so it is a meaningful part of their business. Once a new account is written there is an ongoing meaningful relationship that must be maintained with the client.
The perfect fit we think would be an individual who was born and raised in this area and has connections to the business community and is currently working at a an insurance agency that focuses on smaller commercial accounts and maybe even some personal lines, who is being successful and would have the skills and drive to move up to larger more sophisticated commercial accounts. This person would already be licensed and have some familiarity with the business. The next best scenario would be an individual who is being successful selling another service/product where they are now but is looking to make a move to an industry where they can make more money, have more job satisfaction and/or work in a different environment selling a different service/product.
- Proven business to business sales success
- Personality and drive to independently develop and maintain new business relationships
-Connections within the business community
- Ability to manage time and deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
-Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work well with others, specifically account managers who will assist with writing new business and handling renewals as well as insurance carrier underwriters and other insurance carrier staff who are key to writing and retaining new business
-Capacity to manage various relationships and timelines on multiple different accounts as book of business grows
- Strategic sales thinking and innovating based on products, carriers, services, competitors and market conditions
-Ability to document sales activities within computer software system and set and follow through with follow-up plans
-Superior written and verbal communication skills
Specific pay package and benefits would be negotiated based on the specific applicant. Basic structure would be commission only but we are fine with a draw until the employee validates by closing deals and moves to all commission. We will work with anyone not already in the commercial insurance business to get licensed and trained. A successful producer will make a substantial income, much higher than average . Most of our employees are offered full benefits and we have a 401K and L&N matches up to a certain %.