Six Norfolk Academy students are acting in a production of The Nutcracker that will go on stage this weekend at The Sandler Center for the Performing Arts in Virginia Beach.
Ballet Virginia is presenting the show. Its professional company members will dance lead roles alongside young dancers from around the Hampton Roads region. Symphonicity, the symphony orchestra of Virginia Beach, will also be part of the performance.
Several Norfolk Academy students have roles:
- Teaghan Brown '28 (Dew Drop, Party child)
- Sylvie Gajdek '30 (Gingersnap)
- Olivia Levy '23 (China lead)
- Chloe Levy '26 (Party child)
- Elyse McCune '31 (Gingersnap)
- Corinne Sokol '30 (Gingersnap)
Public show times are 7:30 p.m. on Friday, December 20; 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, December 21; and 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. on Sunday, December 22.
Ballet Virginia is a non-profit organization that aims to foster a lifelong passion for dance. Its two academies serve more than 400 Hampton Roads students.