Norfolk Academy excelled in this year's TEAMS competition, a national exam that tests engineering, math, science, and technology.
The Technology Student Association, a national, nonprofit association dedicated to students interested in science, technology, engineering, and math, sponsors an annual national Test of Engineering Aptitude, Mathematics and Science — better known as the TEAMS competition. This year the focus was on Engineering and Everyday Devices, with topics including electronics, illumination, bridges, and flight.
Students in grades 9-12 can compete, with only the top 20 percent of teams from across the nation qualifying for the national TEAMS competition that will be held over the summer. Norfolk Academy qualified five teams for the national event! Those same teams also earned the top five scores in the entire state; 23 teams competed at the state level.
- State 1st place: Leo Tang '25, Ray Wang '25, Lincoln Hatch '25, Alexander Dusa '25
- State 2nd place: Jen Yuan '23, Micah Baum '23, Quinn Carroll '23, Lee McElligott '23
- State 3rd place: Gretchen Scott '24, Marin Soderberg '24, Srivarun Hathwar '24, Areen Syed '24
- State 4th place: Bella Burr '23, Noah Howell '23, Vignesh Akkina '23, Mitchell Moore '23
- State 5th place: Zoë Jones '24, Sam Bibeau '24, Julian Burke '24, Ann Gray Golpira '24
Congratulations to all!