The Bulldogs emerged as TCIS Champions with a string of victories in multiple sports in the final week of the spring season. A quick rundown:
- Boys Lacrosse team defeated Cape Henry Collegiate 13-9 on Thursday at Norfolk Christian; the Bulldogs came from behind and outscored the Dolphins 9-1 in the second half. Leif Smith ’19 was named TCIS Player of the Year. VISAA matches began on Saturday with the (#5) Bulldogs defeating (#12) Woodberry Forest 17-11 at Norfolk Academy with periods of heavy rain. The Bulldogs travel to (#4) St. Paul VI on Tuesday, May 14, to continue state championship play.
- Girls Lacrosse defeated Bishop Sullivan 15-8 on Friday in a match at Old Dominion University.
- Girls Soccer won a decisive victory over Norfolk Collegiate on Friday with a score of 4-0 in a match at Old Dominion University. Hannah Antonick was named tournament MVP. The team (#3 seed) begins VISAA play on Tuesday, hosting St. Anne’s-Belfield School (#6).
- Boys Tennis won the TCIS Tournament at Old Dominion University. The Bulldogs (#3) begin VISAA play on Tuesday, May 14, hosting (#6) Woodberry Forest.
- The Girls and Boys Track and Field teams won TCIS Championships in a meet held at St. Christopher’s School in Richmond. Sydney Beverly was Overall MVP of TCIS for the girls and Mihir Damle was TCIS Overall MVP for the boys. Emma Somers ’19 was named co-MVP for field events. Cameron Lloyd was TCIS Running MVP.
Head coaches of the teams are as follows:
Boys Lacrosse: Mr. Tom Duquette, Upper School Math Teacher and Chair of the Math Department
Girls Lacrosse: Ms. Blair Monaco, Middle School English Teacher; Ms. Ruth Acra, Director of Alumni Relations.
Girls Soccer: Mr. Richard Peccie, Upper School English Teacher
Boys Tennis: Mr. Michael Duquette, Middle School Math Teacher
Girls and Boys Track and Field: Mr. Ken Lampert