Plan for Reopening
A Culture of Caring and Shared Responsibility
“We do not know what the local situation will be in late August, but we know that our plan, as it takes on more detailed shape, will seek to accommodate the needs of every Bulldog family and meet the educational needs of every child while keeping safety at the forefront. It’s a tall order, but we are fortunate to have the resources to meet this extraordinary moment—starting with our faculty and staff, who have the expertise, experience, and passion to serve the educational needs of each child; our expansive campus, providing ample space indoors and out; and technology, which we have continued to expand throughout this summer. Above all we have the innovation, imagination, energy, and spirit to turn our vision into reality."
Headmaster Dennis Manning
- May I choose distance learning for my child even if in-person learning is available?
- Will students engaged in distance learning receive the same level of instruction as those in the classroom?
- What happens if a bus rider doesn't pass the health screening upon arrival at school?
- May my child wear a face shield instead of a mask?
- May I visit my child's classroom or attend events during the school day?
- Will lunch be provided for those on campus?
- What are the symptoms of COVID-19 and what is the process if someone is symptomatic?
Our Reopening Plan will continue to be refined throughout August as more information becomes available. We will provide updates as needed.
Norfolk Academy may update or amend this Reopening Plan as operating conditions change and/or as direction or guidance from the Virginia Department of Health determines.
In an effort to upgrade our distance learning capacity, we are installing quality cameras and audio in many classrooms. These enhancements in technology will allow teachers to provide simultaneous instruction to students in the classroom and those who may need to engage in distance learning. We will provide further updates on these improvements.