COVID-19 Updates and Resources
The Latest News, Information, and Valuable Resources from Norfolk Academy
Norfolk Academy's highest priority is the health and safety of all our students, and we are closely monitoring developments about the worldwide COVID-19 outbreak and following guidelines from medical authorities. This page's goal is to provide the latest updates from our school, as well as academic and health-related resources valuable to our entire community.
On March 23, Gov. Ralph Northam announced all onsite classes for public and private schools are suspended through the remainder of this school year, to protect Virginians' health during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Norfolk Academy is committed to doing everything we can to support the Tidewater community through this unprecedented challenge.
- We have implemented a distance learning model. Our Middle and Upper School students began engaging on March 18. Lower School students began March 23.
- All spring extracurricular programs, including athletics, are canceled.
- Field Day is postponed, possibly to the fall. We will work with our volunteer leaders to modify and adapt this event, so that our Bulldog community can come together in the spirit of friendship and renewal.
- Seniors will conclude their studies and exams no later than May 15. We are working through possible scenarios for a Graduation celebration, though it is still hard to forecast what we will be able to do.
- Friday, May 29, will be the final day of school for students in grades 1-11. There will be more information coming about culminating or final assessments.
The road ahead may require much endurance, but we know that our family will, like the Bulldogs we are, show our stamina, ingenuity, and love of learning. We will continue to send updates through emails, our social media channels, and this page, to keep you apprised of developments as conditions evolve.
Norfolk Academy Counselors
As we experience the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in our daily lives, particularly through the move to distance learning and the requirements of social distancing, we are united as a Bulldog community in meeting this challenge. Yet we know that families are facing unexpected stress and anxiety as a result of this significant disruption, and our school counselors are available to help.
If you would like to schedule a phone call or a Zoom meeting with a counselor, please contact them by email and provide times that you would be available to meet. They are monitoring their email, and they will get back to you promptly.