Tuition and Financial Aid
Need-Based Financial Aid
We recognize that our tuition is significant for most families, and we want to work with you to help you make your vision achievable.
NA is committed to attracting the best and brightest students from across Hampton Roads, regardless of their socioeconomic status. That’s why every year, we offer nearly $3 million in need-based financial aid.
- Financial Aid Seminars
- Dates and Deadlines
- Financial Aid Distribution
- Financial Aid FAQs
- Financial Aid Application Process
- Malone Scholars Program
Jeff Martin, Assistant Headmaster for Business and Auxiliary Operations, will discuss Norfolk Academy's need-based financial aid program.
Wednesday, November 18, 2020
Wednesday, December 2, 2020
Thursday, January 14, 2021
Please check back for registration information.
Please note that if the Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) and ALL supporting documents (including 2020 tax information) are received by February 1, 2021, we will make every effort to communicate the financial aid award at the same time as the admissions decision.
Financial Aid Deadlines for the 2020-21 School Year
February 1 - Parents' Financial Aid Statement (PFS) and all additional documents (except 2020 tax information) due
March 1 - 2020 tax information due (including all schedules)
Please note that if the PFS and ALL supporting documents (including all 2020 tax information) are received by February 1, we will make every effort to communicate the financial aid award at the same time as the admissions decision.
Families are encouraged to apply for financial aid after the initial deadline, as applications will be considered based on available funds.
- Who qualifies for financial aid?
- How much financial assistance might my family expect to receive?
- How are awards decided?
- Does a request for financial aid affect the admissions decision?
- Is my financial aid held in confidence?
- Do I have to reapply each year?
- Should I apply for financial aid before my child's admissions decision has been finalized?
- Does the Financial Aid Committee consider additional costs when making awards?
- How many students receive financial aid?
- What if I am separated or divorced?
- If I have additional questions about financial aid, whom should I contact?
Financial aid awards are determined by the School's Financial Aid Committee, utilizing data processed by the School & Student Services by NAIS (SSS by NAIS), the 1040 tax return, all schedules, W-2 forms, and other required documents. Award amounts depend upon a number of factors including income, net worth, and number of children in schools charging tuition.
Yes. Applicants are encouraged to meet the published deadlines for the timely submission of all required documentation. Please note that if the PFS and ALL supporting documents (including all 2020 tax information) are received by February 1, we will make every effort to communicate the financial aid award at the same time as the admissions decision.
- Visit to sssbynais.org/parents
- Click on “Apply Now” button
- Set up a PFS Online account using your email and password. (Returning parents: If you applied for financial aid last year, simply login to the PFS Online as a Returning Family, using the email address and password you set up last year.)
- Norfolk Academy's code is: 5372.
- After October 1, begin a PFS for Academic Year 2021-22. You can log out at any time, then return later to complete it.
- Pay $55 fee and upload required documents.
- Please plan accordingly to have tax information submitted for the February 1 deadline.
- Submit to SSS online completed 2019 and 2020 Federal Income Tax Returns with all schedules and the accompanying W-2s or 1099s for each year.
- In addition, if applicable, we require submission of Self-Employment Information (SSS’s Business/ Farm Statement), any Business Tax Returns, all Student Tax Returns, December 2019 Leave and Earnings Statements for military families, current mortgage loan statements, child support documentation, and social security or disability statements.
- Please remove all passwords before uploading your documents. Documents cannot be opened if they are password protected.
- To submit documents online, go to the Manage Documents tab in the PFS Online. Upload documents from your computer (be sure to submit each requirement separately).
Call SSS Customer Service at 800.344.8328 with any questions.
In May of 2012, Norfolk Academy was selected to receive a prestigious $2 million endowment award from The Malone Family Foundation. The Malone Scholars Program at Norfolk Academy provides scholarships to new students entering grades seven through ten who demonstrate financial need and possess exceptional academic promise.
Norfolk Academy identifies Malone Scholars each year using income from the grant, in accordance with the Malone Family Foundation’s endowment spending policy. Financial support for each Malone Scholar, in keeping with the Foundation’s guidelines, may range from 30% of tuition to full coverage. These scholarships are renewable until graduation. Since 2012, fifteen new students have been named Malone Scholars in grades seven through ten, and Norfolk Academy has awarded more than $850,000 to Malone Scholars. Former Malone Scholars currently attend Duke University, High Point University, James Madison University, New York University, Princeton University and The College of William and Mary.
Families interested in receiving information about the Malone Scholarship at Norfolk Academy, especially those with students rising to grades seven through ten, should contact Mrs. Sarah Smythe, Director of Admissions, at 757-455-5582 or email@example.com. Substantial need-based financial aid packages also are available outside of the Malone Scholars Program for students in grades one through twelve.